Friday, October 5, 2007

Reading Reaction Journal #5 - Must-Have For Tweens: Cell Phone.

Reference:

Bora, M. (2007, August 26). Must-Have For Tweens: Cell Phone. St. Petersburg Times. Retrieved on October 2, 2007, from http://www.lexisnexis.com

Summary:

In M. Bora’s article, Must-Have For Tweens: Cell Phone, the author describes a situation in which more and more tweens have cell phones. First, many tweens want to ask their parents to give them a cell phone to be a toy or present because other classmates all have cell phones. Even five-year old children have cell phones. Next, the companies of cell phones sell specific cell phones to these tweens that can let parents control where their children are. Finally, the author claims that tweens don’t like this special cell phone for them. They want use the usual cell phone that general people use.

Reaction:

I am interested in the influence of technology on society. This article tells me some trends of using cell phones. I feel that tweens are living in a good period. Recalling in my memory, I was almost 19 years old when I got my first cell phone. But now 5-year-old people have their own cell phones. The time is changing very fast. I am even not able to imagine that this situation has happened. I think there are some advantages for tweens to have cell phones. Parents can easily contact with their children, and they can find their children by using new technology like GPS. But I think it is not a good phenomenon that children like to use the newest cell phone and like to compare who has the better cell phone. Parents should give children good concepts to have cell phones. After all, cell phone is used to contact with people, not compare with friends.
By Jeremy

No comments: